We hope that you enjoy your manicure experience with Holistic Eyes.
The reasons for having manicures vary but in general a manicure will improve the overall appearance of your hands. It will also keep your nails smooth and shaped as well as keeping your cuticles neat and healthy. It will help and encourage healthy growth of the nail too. Luxury manicures where masks and heat are used have the added benefits of relieving aches and pains such as arthritis and rheumatic pain as well as giving a deep moisturising treatment to the skin.
To ensure you get the most from your manicure follow the aftercare advice listed below:
• Always allow traditional varnish at least 20 minutes drying time and be very careful for
the two hours following the application of varnish.
• Always wear gloves when you are outside in the cold.
• Exfoliate your hands once a week using a body scrub.
• Always wear gloves for gardening, cleaning and washing up.
• Avoid you hands coming into contact with detergents or chemicals.
• When pressing buttons and using a phone use the fingertip not the nail.
• Never use nails as tools.
• Apply hand cream regularly.
• Never use varnish remover containing acetone.
• Massage cuticle cream or oil in regularly.
• Perform hand exercises regularly.
• Have weekly manicures.
• Gently push back your cuticles after a bath with an orange stick (not a metal tool).
• Never use metal tools on your nails.
NB: All products mentioned can be purchased from Holistic Eyes.
It’s normal to get a little redness and even some smarting of the skin after it has been threaded because each hair has been removed directly from its follicle. Your therapist wipe over the areas which have been threaded with an antiseptic aftercare lotion.
Clients should take the following precautions for at least 24 hours after threading to promote healing.
• Avoid hot baths and showers.
• Do not apply makeup or any perfumed products to the treated area. NB: this includes perfumed moisturiser.
• Avoid sunbathing, sun beds, heat treatments, swimming, saunas, eyebrow tinting and spray tans (although it is safe to have eyebrows tinted before they are threaded)
• Do not touch the area and keep the skin clean.
• It is recommended that a soothing antiseptic lotion is applied daily for 3-4 days.
• Book your next treatment for 2 – 4 weeks time to keep re-growth under control.
“aftercare is easy to do and will help you to get the best from your treatment, always follow aftercare advice”
specialist beauty therapy stevenage hertfordshire
Mobile: 0780 8365171